Gourmet open sandwich from Limagne
Preparation of the recipe
- Cook the potato in a pot of salted boiling water.
- Take it out and put it in a bowl of cold water to stop it cooking. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- While it is heating, slice the duck breast (widthwise and not too thick) and also the Cantal cheese.
- When the potato is cold, cut it into slices.
- Rub the slice of bread with the garlic and shingle slices of potato and duck breast on top until the bread is covered.
- Season with salt and pepper and place the Cantal cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, fry the slice of seasoned foie gras in a very hot frying pan for 2 or 3 minutes on each side (depending on how thick it is).
- Flambé with Marc d'Auvergne or Birlou depending on what you have got.
- Remove the bread from the oven and place the foie gras on top with a bit of the cooking fat.
- Eat straight away.
- 1 slice of farmhouse bread
- 1 good-sized potato
- 40 g of Dischamp Cantal entre-deux cheese
- 100 g of duck breast
- 1 slice of 50g of raw foie gras
- Marc d'Auvergne or Birlou